Biscuitville Adds FRESH SOUTHERN Lunch Menu Across the Triad
February 5, 2016
Biscuitville FRESH SOUTHERN® (biscuitville.com), a local favorite, family-owned restaurant known for its authentic, Southern-style breakfasts, announces the expansion of its FRESH SOUTHERN® lunch menu, set for early February across the Triad, including the Asheboro, Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Kernersville and Mt. Airy locations. Biscuitville first debuted its FRESH SOUTHERN lunch menu items in 2014 in select locations.
Biscuitville’s lunch menu was crafted with the help of culinary expert Chef Andrew Hunter and includes a selection of fresh-made sandwiches, chicken breast tenders, local and house-made sauces and snacks and sides. These items will be added to the company’s current menu and served daily from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at these additional Triad locations.
“The new lunch menu stays true to our authentic Southern brand, and these partnerships will continue our tradition of locally-sourced and fresh ingredients,” said Jim Metevier, Biscuitville’s president. “We are excited to offer guests more Southern-inspired meal options when they visit Biscuitville.”
Carolina Classics Catfish of Ayden, NC, is America's premium farm-raised catfish producer. The catfish are grain-fed and farm-raised in environmentally friendly conditions without the use of hormones or synthetic farming chemicals.
Cackalacky® Inc., located in Siler City, NC, has created one of the featured sauces on the FRESH SOUTHERN lunch menu. Cackalacky® Cheerwine® Sweet Sauce is a locally-sourced sweet and savory sauce, blending Cackalacky® Spice Sauce (made from Southern sweet potatoes) and the original Cheerwine® secret formula.
In contrast to Biscuitville’s breakfast menu, the new FRESH SOUTHERN lunch menu sandwiches are served on a hot, sweet buttered bun – not a biscuit. The lunch menu includes the following eight new items featuring locally-sourced ingredients.
- Southern Fried Catfish Sandwich: a catfish fillet hand-breaded with locally-milled cornmeal fried and served with a house-made lemon tartar sauce with North Carolina dill pickle relish
- Cackalacky® Chop Sandwich: a special spice blend pork chop cutlet topped with house-made Carolina Cole Slaw and Cackalacky® Cheerwine® Sweet Sauce
- BBQ Bruiser Sandwich: local pulled pork mixed in a tangy sauce topped with bacon, American cheese and house-made cole slaw
- Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich: grilled, seasoned chicken breast topped with lettuce, tomato, bacon and house-made Buttermilk Ranch sauce
- Southern Fried Okra: hand-breaded in locally-milled cornmeal, fried and served with house-made Buttermilk Ranch dipping sauce
- Homestyle Chicken Breast Tenders: crispy, lightly-seasoned chicken tenders paired with local & house-made dipping sauces: Honey-Mustard, Buttermilk Ranch or Cackalacky® Cheerwine® Sweet Sauce
- Sweet Potato Casserole: topped with walnut, cinnamon and sugar streusel and baked fresh daily
- Carolina Cole Slaw: a blend of cabbages mixed with house-made cole slaw mayonnaise
For more information about Biscuitville’s new lunch items, visit biscuitville.com.
About Biscuitville FRESH SOUTHERN®
Headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, Biscuitville FRESH SOUTHERN® is a family-owned company that offers guests an authentic Southern-inspired dining experience. Known for making food the old-fashioned way, Biscuitville uses fresh, authentic ingredients, sourced locally whenever possible, and is known for its genuine Southern hospitality. The company was founded in 1966 when owner Maurice Jennings opened two pizza restaurants in Burlington. After several years, the company added signature, made-from-scratch biscuits to its menu that were so well received, business boomed and the Biscuitville brand evolved. In 2014, the company expanded its lunch menu to include fresh-made sandwiches and sides, now available at all Triad locations and rolling out to other locations by the end of 2016. Today, Biscuitville employs over 900 people and operates 54 restaurants in North Carolina and Virginia. Biscuitville serves breakfast all day from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. and offers a lunch menu from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at all Triad locations. For more information, visit biscuitville.com.